Joseph Smith

I don't know if this will help any, but this is what I did:
I have a Hitachi MV-12 and a Rockler Router Table.
I decided to build an all purpose bench for work and for
glue ups, but in my Garaaashop I was limited on space
for this and a router table.
For compromise I built the bench running along the wall.
It rests on some drawered cabinets connected with 2X4
framing. The bench top is made from gluing together two
layers of MDF with several coats of Helmsman Urethane
for the top surface. At the end portion of the bench the bottom
layer of MDF has a hole big enough for the router to be taken
in and out. The top layer of MDF has a hole cut to the size
of my Rockler Router Table top. The router top fits right in
and has enough clearance that I can still use jigs and accessories
in the miter slot. When I need more bench space I lift out my
router table and insert a piece of MDF that is same size.

Joey in Chesapeake
"cyrille de brébisson" wrote in message
Hello,

I am building a workbench out of 2*4 (cheap and easy :-) and my original
plan was to make a hole in the middle of it to insert my router and have a
workbench/router table all in one.

For the moment, I am using a router table made out of a 3'*3' sheet of
composit board which is hinged on 2 of the garage studs in order to allow
to "fold it up"...

I was wondering what your thought were about a inserting the router in the
middle of the workbench...

PS: there would be obviously a 2nd plate that I can put in place of the
router insert to avoid having the hole in the middle of the workbench...

cyrille