Andy Hill

Gary Fritz wrote:
Andy Hill wrote:
I gotta agree. Unless the room is extremely small, 900W into the
room would be better handled by the "normal" HVAC system.

It's about 14x14x8. The "normal" HVAC thermostat is upstairs so it
doesn't notice if we're baking in the theater room. Plus the cold-air
return duct is on the floor, so it doesn't pull the heat off the
ceiling.

Hmmm. And in another posting you talk about 6-8 folks in the room. @100
watts / person, that's another 800 watts input into the system. Shoot, with
all the other odds and ends you're probably looking at 2kW in the closed room.
Urk....I can see your problem -- that room's gonna be both hot and stuffy.

Is this a raised floor, then (not sure how else you could have a return on the
floor in the basement)? Any other options for getting house air in and out
of the room (not necessarily outdoors), like maybe under the floor into an
adjacent room?