Andrew Neilson

I once had a fight with a housing co-oeprative. They didn't like my kids
slide. They sent a letter to us demanding removal (though it had been
around for a couple of years with no issues). We told them to take a hike.
They then sent us a letter telling us to appear before the board and if we
didn't, that they would evict us. We got a lawyer to write a letter for us.
That scared them into backing off. They did send an eviction notice to a
friend of mine. He told them to wad it up real tight and shove it. He then
stopped paying rent, figuring that if he was evicted, then he didn't have to
pay, and he also wanted his day in court. That day came and he wound up
having to pay about 60% of the back rent owed and they were never able to
boot him out. He smiled all the way to the bank.

Tell the HOA to stick it. They are pretty much powerless to do anything
except whine at you.

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't think so. I don't know if there is any truth in it, but my
installer told me that it's illegal for on HOA to deny anyone to put up
a dish. I that's true, then I would think that the HOA also cannot
force you to take any action which could harm the dish.
Make then show you in the by laws where it says you have to paint it.