Kiwanda

"johnnyok" wrote in news:j96dnWBe1em_I27cRVn-
:

One of the pipes started leaking and the Gas company
replaced the pipe and put in an over flow valve (none was there).

The valve
drips all the time.....(a bucket a day).

If you can't fix the drip, you can at least automate the dumping
process by diverting the leak into a typical condensate pump/reservoir
and routing the outflow to the nearest drain. These run about
$40...mine holds a couple of quarts and IIRC will pump 10' strait up
if need be, with no practical limit on the horizontal run for the
hose. Mine runs up from the furnace, across the basement, and through
a fitting I installed into the wash tub at the laundry center. This
replaced a pooly installed floor drain and works like a charm.

-drl