Joseph Meehan

Jones wrote:
The humidity level in my house (central North Carolina) for the
winter is typically 20% or below. We've purchased a Holmes
humidifier rated for the size of our house (~1700 sq. feet). Anytime
the heater (Carrier heat pump) kicks in the humidity level in the
house drops. The humidifier has a hard time compensating in a
reasonable amount of time. Its difficult to keep the humidity level
to 40% on a steady basis.
Should the heating system be dehumidifying my house to this degree?

Jones

Heating air, not matter where the heat comes from, always reduces the
humidity.

It appears you humidifier is not doing the job. It may be in part
because it was designed to work with a system with a higher temperature
rise. Maybe it is not installed properly or maybe it is not working
properly, or maybe it is just junk.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math