Charles Spitzer

"Steve" wrote in message
Old electric stove is at least 35 years old and its got to go. Old
stove/oven slides into a small section of counter/cabinets right next to
the
refridgerator. I plan on ripping this whole stove section out and putting
in
a free standing stove. They seem cheaper and there are more selections
available. I think I will eventualy have to add some tile under the new
stove and all the cabinets need replacing anyway. Right now I just want to
get the new stove in place swo we can cook.

My questions!

I assume the old slide in stove is hard wired.
Will I be able to just add the proper receptical on these same wires and
plug the new stove into the existing line with the new receptical?
If so this part seems easy enough.

Also interested on opinions of the choice of coils or smooth top burners.
We
are going out tonight to purchase the new stove.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve

1: does the old stove have 3 or 4 wire run to it
2: will the new one fit
3: does the new one come with a cord/plug

smooth tops are far easier to clean, and keep clean.