Travis Jordan

Lesley wrote:
I'm getting ready to buy a range (finally!) for my "new" house.
The previous owner used a gas stove, but I want electric. However,
there's no 220V outlet where I need there to be one. I'm just
wondering if this is a major thing, to have one installed.

You'll need a NEW circuit run from where you connect the stove to your
power panel (this assumes that you have adequate electric service to add
the stove to the existing panel). How difficult this is depends on the
construction of the home. "Fishing" a wire down the wall, across the
attic and down to the power panel can be a one hour job if you have good
attic access, a couple of hour job if you have insulation and 'fire
breaks' in the walls, or an all-day job if you have to go out through an
exterior wall and underground / or / around the house with conduit.