Sam

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Sam" wrote in message

http://www.arkive.org/species/ARK/in...more_info.html
That's a sound natural history site but of no practical help to Nick.

Mary

Maybe you're right, perhaps the bit "At the end of autumn a number of
eggs develop into new queens and males, which leave the nest and mate.
The new queens seek out suitable places in which to hibernate, and the
males and the old colony (including the old queen) die" would be a bit
beyond his grasp, do you think? Or just yours?

Nothing on the site is beyond my grasp (I'm an hymenopterist). The new
queens never hibernate in an old nest so the above is irrelevant and I
certainly don't grasp your point.

I suggest that you hold your insults until you know others' qualifications
and experience.

Mary

Sam

Well I've had a few hymens in my time but to be honest pulling rank in
usenet is just HaHaHaHaHaHa!.

The OP is obviously totally ignorant of wasp lifecycles or a troll, either
way my original post was not invalid. So sod off!

Sam