Nick

Default Wasp nest

Have been ferreting around in the loft this evening, routing & clipping up
ethernet & co-ax cables etc.
At the farthest end of the loft space, which is about 12m from the hatch,
there is a wasp nest attached to an end gable. No signs of activity, but I
guess there would'nt be much at this time of year given the current
temperature. It certainly wasn't there 2 years ago, so may well be live.
Not a big nest, about 30cm in each vaguely triangular direction.
Would I be safe to break this up whilst vacuuming it into an industrial
vaucuum cleaner
or should I pay for someone to come and do it?
Major problem is that this loft is crawl space only. Maximum height is
slightly under 1m.
A racing crawl from the nest to the hatch takes the best part of a minute
(tried it this evening and have the bumped head, knees, knuckles etc to
prove it). I don't have appropriate ppc and am somewhat hesitant as a bunch
of irate wasps will definitely be faster than I.
The tiled roof has sarking rather than felt, I imagine this allows ingress
for the little blighters.
Any constructive suggestions would be much appreciated.

Nick.