Christian
When I posted I was still at work so couldn't be certain about any of
these things but now that I'm home I have some of the answers. The
current shower is on a 40amp MCB with 6mm2 cable. The cable run is
slightly more difficult to determine but the shower unit is relatively
close to the consumer unit on the floor above. I would guess that it's
no more than 8m long in total and runs under floorboards and up through
studded plasterboard. I don't believe any of the studded walls in the
house contain insulation but I canot be 100% certain. As it happens I
would be much more inclined to upgrade the electrics if needed as this
would be much easier given the current state of the rest of the work
I'm doing in the house. That said I was rather hoping for the straight
swap of one unit for the other. Any opinion as to the largest rated
shower I can safely install without running a new cable ?