sofie

Dave R:
The VCR section is the "weakest link" on these combos. You would be
better advised to purchase a Television (only) and then you could hook up a
VCR and DVD as separate components, that if they fail, you can just repair
or replace only the thing that fails.
Also with the VCR/TV combo unit you can NOT record one channel while
watching another.. only one tuner.
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair

"Dave R knows who" wrote in message
The RCA 20" flat screen Combo with DVD is selling for an attractive $198
from Wal-mart and it would make a great birthday present. I was

searching
google for comments and while I did not find comments on this particular
model it seems most posts here were pretty hard on RCA, however they were
mostly several years old. So are they still bad? Any other

recommendations?

Thanks!