mel

new growth rotates

wrote in message
oups.com...

mel wrote:

Interesting fact, the reason YP warps and twists so much is due to

the tree
rotating as much as 360 degrees as it grows each and every year.

I have to ask what you mean by 'the tree rotating as much as 360
degrees/year'. Do you mean that if I mark a brank that is pointing
north and come back six months later that same branch may be pointing
south?

There are a number of trees, especially tropical exotics where the
grain grows in a spiral around the trunk and reverses dirtection
(clockwise or counter-closkwise) every other year or something like
that. But the whole friggin tree spinnin like a top? That's
a bit much to swallow.

--

FF