Tim Douglass

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:21:56 -0600, Unisaw A100
wrote:

We just got our very first Lowes and after my visit I
noticed that it/they are vastly different from Home Depot.
At Lowes you turn left to get to the tool department. At
Home Depot you turn right.

Yeah, we had a Lowes open up here last fall, right behind the orange
Borg. As soon as they opened HD laid off about half their employees.
You go into Lowes and there are salespeople crawling the halls, mostly
in pairs talking to each other. It's the same stuff at the same prices
in a newer store with (unbelievably enough) worse service. Yowsa!

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com