cyrille de brébisson

Default Workbench with or without router insert?

Hello,

I am building a workbench out of 2*4 (cheap and easy :-) and my original
plan was to make a hole in the middle of it to insert my router and have a
workbench/router table all in one.

For the moment, I am using a router table made out of a 3'*3' sheet of
composit board which is hinged on 2 of the garage studs in order to allow to
"fold it up"...

I was wondering what your thought were about a inserting the router in the
middle of the workbench...

PS: there would be obviously a 2nd plate that I can put in place of the
router insert to avoid having the hole in the middle of the workbench...

cyrille