Dan Murphy

Cliff wrote in news:daalv01cc2u6o0fp3mdc1upeeuevqmc1f6@
4ax.com:

snip

THEN he wants to steal the SS "surplus" (needs to be
repaid by raising taxes) .....

Got foorp? IIRC, We've been through this little lie about ten times. By law
he can't do anything with that money. Social Security is not a savings
plan. It is a pay as you go system, and has to be funded annualy by
congress. Any surplus funds are used to buy T-bills as mandated by current
law. The money then goes into the general fund as mandated by law. The
House and Senate are both required to pass a budget every year by law. The
President then has the option of signing it or sending it back. You keep
writing about Bush stealing the Soc. Sec. surplus. I'll type slowly so you
can understand this; You have been lied to, and you are speading a lie.
I've posted links in the past to the relevant laws, Google them up if you
must. Now if you know of pending legislation sponsered by the President,
please supply a link to the relevant section in the bill, where he is
stealing the "surplus". I'll write my congressman to make sure that doesn't
happen. BTW, where is the money going after he steals it? Stealing is a
crime, is it not? Seems like this would be a pretty high profile crime to
me. Seems he would very likely get caught, wouldn't it?

Dan

P.S. There is no surplus unless you count breaking even with a 25%
reduction in benefits a surplus.