Kelley Mascher

I cut square tube with one corner up, diamond shape when viewed from
the end. I also cut angle with the opening facing one jaw of the vise.
It seems to speed up the cut considerably.

Cheers,

Kelley

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:50:30 -0600, Rex B wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote:
Rex B wrote:

I agree, but 100 cuts will take a long time. You can add coolant flow
to speed things up. You would want a more coarse blade than what comes
with them. I think 6-8 TPI would be about right.
Might be worthwhile going to one size larger and get a better saw
if it will cut faster.

For 1/4" wall tubing the correct blade (3 teeth in the cut) has 12 tpi. I
might go down to 10 tpi. And buy a carbon steel blade, a good one, don't
spend the money on bimetal for 100 cuts on a one-off job. Bimetal blades
are just great but teeth strip off sometimes.

GWE

But since it's tubing, you actually are looking at 1/2" cuts, and even
more during a significant part of it as it cuts the top and bottom. I
think a coarser TPI would work fine and cut much faster.