steamer

--OK for this you need to talk to the SACA West gang. Speicfically
the guy (name escapes me at the moment) who modified a VW engine and put
on his own variation of a spinning cup burner. IIRC the way he's got it
set up is full fire actually heats the coil boiler more than it needs, so
he's got a controlled cold water intake to keep pressure at a set level.
Neat car; got to ride in it maybe 10-15 yrs back. He turned the key to
start it (needs an electric starter because the valves only admit steam
for something like 7 percent of a rotation), waited maybe 10 seconds while
I watched the pressure gauge climb and climb and we were off.
--Last guy in that group for whom I had email is Ken Kowal; last
address:
--Also try Allen Frisbie who lurks here; IIRC he's in touch with
that group.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Heartily sick of
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : "oldies" stations!