"rck" wrote in message
ink.net...

Just paid licensed, bonded, insured plumber $850. When he finished

the work, he turned water back on and didn't check for leaks. There
was nothing obvious at first, but 15 minutes after he left the
bedroom carpet was soaked in one corner. He had put the ferrule in
backwards in a compression fitting in the bathroom. I fixed that leak
and phoned his answering machine to express my displeasure and ask
him what he was going to do about the stained carpet. An hour later I
discovered a second leak on a compression fitting on 5/8 inch copper
pipe. I phoned again and again and he won't call back. Since this guy
is licensed, should I notify the state licensing board? I'm afraid to
call another licensed plumber because the next guy might be worse
than the first one so I'll get out my torch and sweat in a decent
fitting to replace the compression fitting, but I'm still p*ssed
about the carpet. I somehow thought a licensed professional would
know how to connect two pipes together.

Bob

Is the leak like this one?

www.tubgirl.com