Bob Shuman

"none" wrote in message

Experience w/ Techumseh and B&S so noted, but cut for brevity...

That said, ask yourself how many hours on a given day you actually run
your briggs engine. If you just cut your own yard at most an hour? And
what one a week tops?
Remember when I told you about the actual ratings that Briggs gives
for expected engine life for their engines? On consumer models at best
50 hours.(pathetic really)

I am surprised by the B&S 50 hour life rating. Can you cite a reference for
this number?

And yes IF you really take care of them you can get more, most owners
don't though which is where I get SO much business.( most scoff at the
thought of changing the oil at least every two use cycles which is
paramount for keeping an engine clean.)

Can you please clarify what is meant by "use cycle" above. IIRC, my Honda
lawnmower engine user manual stated that under normal homeowner use (every 4
days for 1 hour for me from Spring through Fall) the engine oil was to be
changed after the 1st hour of use and then after every 25 hours. I'm just
not sure what a "use cycle" means in terms of cumulative hours of operation.

Thanks in advance for the response.