Al wrote:
I'm trying to fix a Gateway pc with bad caps on the MB.

I need (3) 1000uF 6.3v HM(M) and (2) 1500uF 10v WG(M) electrolytic

caps.

I'd been believing the replacements would cost ~ $1 each. But the

local
parts supply place has the 1000uF for ~ $2, and they don't have the
1500s. Radio Shack has the 1000uF 35v for $1.69,

I don't live in or near a large city. Any suggestions? I'd thought

that
procuring the caps was going to be the one easy part of this project.

www.digikey.com
www.mouser.com
www.bdent.com

Not just any 105C capacitors will do because you also need low ESR
(effective series resistance) or they'll likely run warm and wear out
earlier. Electrolytic capacitors rated for high-frequency switching
operation will almost always have low enough ESR. Get a good brand,
such as Panasonic, Nichi-con, Chemi-con, or Sanyo.

Btw, can I use axial, if they physically don't interfere with

anything?

Spacing is so tight on motherboards that there usually isn't sufficient
room since axials mounted upright have to be shifted over a few
millimeters, and even radials 1mm larger in diameter than the originals
may be a hard fit.