sysadmin

That sounds a bit steep.... My preliminary quote is $98 an hour for labor
and $15 a foot for the pipe. Considering the price of black pipe at Home
Depot or Lowes, I think I would have done it myself instead of that price.
The vent can be purchased all ready to go online for about $125.

"Joe C." wrote in message
m...
sysadmin,

I just had the installer stop by. Got quoted $2,500 for running the gas
pipe (35'), vent through a brick wall and full installation of the heater
(Hot Dawg 45,000btu). By the way, he said that if _I_ had bought the
heater
instead of him/his company, they wouldn't install it due to liability
concerns. Something to think about.

Joe C.

"sysadmin" wrote in message
I ordered mine online for about $440. The shipping is like $50. I'm not
sure what the final installation will cost since I have swallowed my
pride
and decided to have somebody else do the gas installation. There's
something about explosions that I don't like.

"Keith" wrote in message
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it run you? I've been
looking at a Rianni direct-vent model for my unheated 2 car garage,
which is looking to cost me around $1000.

-Keith

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:10:02 -0500, "sysadmin"
wrote:

Ok, difficult question, I just ordered the Hot Dawg HD45 45,000 heater

for
my garage. It's an oversized two car garage, soon to be dream
workshop.
was planning on using a thermostat to keep the temp around 50 and then
cranking it up when I'm in there. Can somebody tell me how they've
done
with fuel consumption? This is a LP type of heater and I'm concerned
about
the exorbitant prices of fuel and the nitwits I work with bragging
about
the
efficiency of their wood burning stoves.

-Chris