Quincy

wrote in message
oups.com...
I live in rural Colorado and plan to take my truck and trailer to
Oregon and Northern California to pick up some wood for bowl and vessel
turning. I spent a fair amount of time in coastal British Columbia and
will be looking for Big Leaf Maple, Oregon Oak, redwood, myrtlewood,
and possible Madrone. Any reactions to that list? Any great Northwest
woods I'm missing? I'm nosing around small timber lots in that area
and am willing to pay for the wood. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Bob

Oregon Black Walnut
and the similar but not-so-dark Claro Walnut

Qnc