Grant Erwin

SPR wrote:

"Lucifer" wrote in message

I just bought a torch and other brass attachments. Brass is tarnished and
dirty. What is the best method/products to use to clean them?
Thanks,
Steve

Why clean them? You'll just get them all dirty again... and maybe not use it
because of the work you put into getting it all nice and shiny! I'd just
make sure the valves are working correctly and all the passages are clean
and open. Plus, you stand the chance of damaging something by
over-aggressive cleaning.
my .02

I hear that! Boy, you would *never* catch me putting my torch into muriatic
acid .. how can you *guarantee* that you neutralize it afterward? I'd never
be able to sleep worrying if that acid was still eating away at the inside
of my torch.

If you have to make it pretty just get some Knorrostol and/or some Brasso and
a bunch of old cotton towels, put on some good tunes, brew up a big cup of
coffee, sit down and make it look pretty using the Armstrong torch polishing
machine your mom gave you. - GWE