RoyJ

What Randy said. If you have any length at all to these parts, you are
talking about a LOT of steel. Suppliers will pretty much cut that up for
a very resonable charge. A few years back, I was quoted $.30 a cut to
precut some 2"x3" ROPS material when I bought big quantities.

Randy Zimmerman wrote:

It might be more cost effective to order your material precut. Locally one
very competitive supplier of wide flange material optimizes cuts when
cutting for many different customers. There is no charge for cutting.
You will need a good quality saw to be cutting 8 inch wide flange. It
will cost you several thousand to get something that will do the job
properly.
Randy

"rbell" wrote in message

I have a one time job of making about 100 cuts in some 1/4" wall 4 " square
tubing and some W8X15"s. Any suggestions on tools. I have sort of ruled
out 14" chop saws. I am thinking of buying a horizontal bandsaw. Any
suggestions on what equipment to use.

Thank You,
Rick