Pop

Telltale signs:
Uneven floors
Counter tops not level
cracked plaster ceilings
cracked plaster walls
visible cracks/misalgnment in footers underneath
Anything with 4 or more legs that used to sit OK now all 4 legs
won't touch.
roofline, viewed against the horizon, not straight
Any wall not level
Any opposite walls off-plumb in same direction.
chimney cracks, any brick/cement problems with more than hairline
cracks
MIGHT indicate a problem. EVERY house SETTLES; it's impossible
not to.

What are you worried about? Specifically?

Pop

mwlogs wrote:
Tells why you "think part of the house might be settling" and
we
might be able to give you a better idea if that's what's
happening. It would also be good to know what the construction
is (wood, brick,
etc.) and when it was built.

"john246" wrote in message
We live in a ranch home in NE Pennsylvania (house has a crawl
space,
no basement)..I think part of the house might be settling,,are
there
any tell tale signs that I should be looking for..any info
will be
gladly appreciated...Thanks,,J