Silvan

mel wrote:

accelerated growth due to introduced nutrients and forestry management has
played some part but these 2 genus simply grow faster in the first place.

I know posts like this are annoying, but I can't help myself. The urge I
feel here is not to make you look bad, Mel, but to educate everyone else,
and I just can't resist it.

4 different genus.**Pinus
Palustris (Longleaf)and Pinus Enchinta (Shortleaf)
are the 2 genus that every keeps referring to as "old

growth".**Today,*Pinus
Taeda (Loblolly) and Pinus Elliottii (Slash) are the most common for

managed

Actually, you have four different *species*. All four of those are in the
same genus, /Pinus/. I'd also like to point out that the plural of "genus"
is "genera."

Just remember (thank you Mr. Morrison, 11th grade bio teacher):

King Phillip Cut Off Father Gregory's Scrotum
Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family Genus Species

Pinus enchinta -- note lowercase
Pinus pallustris
Pinus taeda
Pinus elliottii (*)

I feel better now. I know, I know, I'm an asshole. I couldn't help myself.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/