Don Foreman

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:03:15 GMT, Ted Edwards
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

wire and a center hole to locate the new center contact. Then I
mixed up some stuff I had on hand that is supposed to become
ceramic-like when it cures. I put a bit of shrinktube on the new
contact head to keep the ceramic paste off it, gooped the ceramic
stuff into the cavity and baked it for 2 days at 150F. I'd never had
much luck with that ceramic goop before, probably because I could
never leave it alone long enough. It worked great this time.

I'd like to hear more about that stuff. I have run into any number of
small projects that could benefit from something like that.

The stuff I used was from Cotronics: www.cotronics.com

Datasheet on castable ceramics at
http://www.cotronics.com/vo/cotr/pdf/Castables2004.pdf

I used the 780.