kk

I will try locating the +5 v signal line this weekend.

My laptop lcd is a 13.3". I don't have the dimension of the lamp with
me now. I order from www.lcdpart.com, this shop seems to have parts for
standalone LCD monitor, not much for LCD monitor.

KUBNKM011A was made by ALPS
I found there is another made from AMBIT U131037.00
This one is compatible with the ALPS one.
If I am not wrong the Compaq part number is 198699-001.
The service & maintenance site for Compaq is
http://www.compaq.com/athome/support/msgs/
But there is nothing about the troubleshoot the LCD problem.

Thanks again for the help!

P.S.cmdrdata, I have the feeling that the ccfl of your lcd is dying.
You can check the backlight if it turned very dark at one or both ends.
It is just my guess.