Don't use crap radio shack capacitors or you'll be back in the same
boat you are now whithin 6 months. Don't use Xicon capacitors from
Mouser either. Cap kits always use the cheapest crap capacitors money
can be wasted on, don't use them either.
I always order from Digikey, www.digikey.com and use Panasonic FC
series capacitors which are high temp, high frequency and won't go bad.
There's a killing being made by selling $0.12 capacitors for $2 from
these other sheisters. Order these from Digikey.
1000uf 6.3v, part# P10199-ND $0.47 each
1500uf 10v, part # P10228-ND $0.80 each

Al wrote:
I'm trying to fix a Gateway pc with bad caps on the MB. I managed to
remove the bad ones ('Chhsi' brand name) and clear the holes.

I need (3) 1000uF 6.3v HM(M) and (2) 1500uF 10v WG(M) electrolytic

caps.

I'd been believing the replacements would cost ~ $1 each. But the

local
parts supply place has the 1000uF for ~ $2, and they don't have the
1500s. Radio Shack has the 1000uF 35v for $1.69, but they don't carry

the
1500s. Can I use a different value in place of the 1500s? Radio Shack

does have 2300s.

I don't live in or near a large city. Any suggestions? I'd thought

that
procuring the caps was going to be the one easy part of this project.

Btw, can I use axial, if they physically don't interfere with

anything?
Do I have to worry about any other ratings and/or quality?