Chuck Hoffman

Oh, I neglected to add that I can nibble away most of the material with the
table saw so handwork has been minimized. Just a little cleanup with a
sharp chisel. That, of course, was another point of the exercise.

"Chuck Hoffman" wrote in message
om...
I finally had a chance to take a closer look at Pop Woodworking's dovetail
jig for the table saw. Theirs seemed big and clunky (11-1/2 X 28) and
besides, I didn't have much scrap plywood on hand. I designed a smaller

jig
that uses many of the same ideas but takers up less than half the real
estate.

Instead of two opposing ten degree angled fences for cutting the pins, my
jig has one fence designed so I can reverse the angle. And I use a scrap

in
my miter gauge as a makeshift fence for cutting the tails instead of a
straight fence on the back side of the jig.

The end result is that I have a workable jig and I'm now able to make
smaller dovetails with no tearout that fit very tightly together. That
being the point of the exercise, now I can start to make drawers.