Bob G.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:12:32 GMT, "Joe C."
wrote:

sysadmin,

I just had the installer stop by. Got quoted $2,500 for running the gas
pipe (35'), vent through a brick wall and full installation of the heater
(Hot Dawg 45,000btu). By the way, he said that if _I_ had bought the heater
instead of him/his company, they wouldn't install it due to liability
concerns. Something to think about.

LOl..
This happens all the time...

BUT I bet you would not have a hard time getting the actual installer
( an employee of the company you got the quote from) to do the work
"on the side" for 1/2 the price (cash) ..after you got the permits

Side jobs are a major source of income for a lot of tradesmen..found
out that a long long time ago...

Bob