mp

Sears just got nailed again for false advertising, this time in Canada.

If you read the details the case says more about our "consumer
protection" agency than about Sears' advertising practices.

Sears has, in my experience, often been misleading about their pricing. The
ruling stated that Sears exaggerated the savings on it's tire ads. The ads
suggested a savings of $248, whereas the actual savings were $12. Often
you'll see Craftsman tools listed in sale flyers for 50% off, when in
reality the sale price is usually the normal selling price.

The Canadian Federal Competition Tribunal is coming down hard on retailers
who advertise misleading price comparisons or false bargains, and I applaud
them for it. It's about time.