Lew Hodgett

"Lawrence L'Hote" writes:

That would only make the situation worse. I'm not cleaning up the wire to
sell as scrap. I'm using the wire to make wall sculptures and it must be
reasonably clean to braze.

Time for "Plan B".

Use a standard electrician's wire stripper such as one made by Ideal or
equal.

Operates by squeezing the handles together which cuts the insulation, then
moves it down the wire..

Got a Frys Electronics or equal in your area?

If not any decent industrial electrical wholesaler will probably handle your
business as a cash sale.

Cut of a piece of wire, say 24"-36", then strip a couple of inches off one
end.

Move down the wire a couple of inches and repeat.

It's a PITA, but I've don it to get bare wire.

HTH

Lew