Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:47:21 +0000, wrote:

The 1958 act specifies the taking of "small ground vermin" which
doesn't exclude what we think of as mice or rats except for dormice
and shrews.

Which 1958 Act?

The only reference to releasing animals is in zoo regulations and
wildlife and countryside act 1981, non indigenous is the only
obvious prohibition, which could refer to black and brown rat, grey
squirrel and rabbit.

The WCA 1981 (as ammended) was the only authorative reference I could
find last night. Nice outline he

http://www.naturenet.net/law/wcagen.html#otheranimals
http://www.naturenet.net/law/sched9.html

"sched9.html" lists the animals that are prohibited for release into
the wild. I was surprised to see the Barn Owl on that list and two
species of Porcupine!

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail