Jo

Default Underpinning & insurance

We've recently found out that our house was underpinned between 1983 & 1985.
We were not advised of this by the previous owners (who may not have known)
or the solicitor. We have had an extension built & are worried that the
fact that we've been underpinned (although we don't have exact details of
where) and we didn't know, may cause a problem. The extension passed
building & planning regulations so I'm presuming we have nothing to worry
about.
We have recently changed mortgage lenders and all of a sudden, all the
paperwork came out of the woodwork! We were unaware of a number of changes
that had been made to tour property in the past and are worried that the
solicitor in charge of our purchase should have passed this info onto us at
the time of purchase.
Can anyone advise?

Jo & John