Rick Dipper

Default Router or jigsaw

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:37:14 -0000, "Grouch" wrote:
SJ wrote:
|| Hi i do a lot of odd jobs for people and have been considering
|| upgrading my jigsaw but someone mentioned to me a router would be
|| better.
|| I always thought a router was just for making patterns and carvings
|| of wood not for cutting through wood, so what exactly can a router
|| do? i usaully spend approx £65 on a jigsaw what router would you
|| get? is there any guides on the net to see what a router can do? and
|| what accesories would i need.
|| i do a lot of kitchen tops, loft flooring, self build sheds, doors
|| etc
|| steve

A Router in respect to a Jigsaw can do numerous jobs that a Jigsaw can't
i.e cut channels/bore holes/chamfer edges/fancy edging/ the list is endless,
it can cut straight edges but this normally takes 2 to three cut's depending
on thickness of wood, cuts a lot straighter than a Jig.

Two models here the higher the wattage the better, also half inch chuck

JCB are decent quality tools.
http://tinyurl.com/23o27

--
Grouch

If things get any worse, I'll have to ask you to stop helping me.

On the other tand I would not want to cut a wavey line in some thin sheets of 8x4 using my big heavy router ........

Rick