Mark

Default DIY rising damp proofing - quick question

Geoff wrote in message
om...
I'm handy with most jobs but haven't treated damp myself before.
Kitchen wall has rising damp.

I'm going to drill size 12 holes into the wall and inject a damp proof
treatment. It's a Victorian house and has double walls - do I keep
drilling though to the internal brick wall as well (obviously not all
the way through) Or do I just get to the gap and inject into there?

As others have said conditions other then Rising damp can cause damp walls.
You need to be sure of the cause before wasting your money on chemical DPC
that even with ideal bricks/mortars (Victorian, London, I don't think so)
have a limited life.
*IF* you do have rising damp and go for the Chem-DPC be aware that the
internal walls will have taken up salts from the ground, and will need a
cement render with a water-proof salt inhibiting ad-mix (which must dry)
before any re-plastering can take place, if you expect this to work.