Pete C

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:13:55 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

It only lasted 2 1/2 years..:-)

In the usptairs corridor that is used daily, and has no windows...

For those of you who would also like a 70p bulb that lasts two and a
half years (minimum) its part number is NL258M

38 degree wide angle dichroic and quoted at 2000 hour minimum life.

Run of newey and eyre toroids that have some form of thermistor soft
start I think.

Hmm. At 2000 hours I make that 2.2 hours a day for 2.5 years. Sounds
about right actually. I'd say I've had em on more like 4 hours a day
average...

Let's see 2000 times 50W is 100 Kw/h. So its probably burnt about 6
quids worth of electricity in its lifetime. I think per light they cost
ten quid or so - fitting and transformer.

Hi,

If you have had them on for 4h/day that's more like 3650 hours, so
maybe 10 or 11 quid.

Well for an incandescent, this has to be the cheapest light ever.

Ok, not up with compact fluoros - or is it? How much capital cost in THEM?

About 2 quid.

cheers,
Pete.