jakdedert

Martik wrote:
I connected the motor to a 14v battery and it runs but when I connect
it directly to the power supply (red and blue wires) it just hums
(quietly). I measured 100vdc from the red/blue leads on the power
supply. Could the PS not be generating enough amperage to magnetize
the armature? How can I test this without an ammeter?

Could you be getting AC on the motor outputs of the p.s? Use the AC setting
on your DMM to find out. If you think it's a current (amperage) problem,
measure the voltage hooked up, under a load...sounds like that 'could' be
the problem...

....the solution is another story altogether.

jak

Here is a picture of the PS:
http://www3.telus.net/martik/motor1.jpg