Guess who

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:59:30 -0500, "Dick Snyder"
wrote:

Any chance of also using double-sided carpet tape to tack the item
down to a base plate?

Barry, I actually made one of those based on your reply to a posted question
I had about cutting thin strips and it works great plus it gives me
something to do with old mouse pads. It won't work too well in this case as
I have to make sloped cuts in stock 2" high and 3/4" wide. The stock has to
be pushed through on the 3/4" edge so there is too much danger of the 2"
face moving away from the fence and there is only a 3/4" wide surface for me
to push down on. I did go with the featherboard approach with an 8" high
auxillary fence bolted to my main fence so I could really clamp down the
featherboard that pushes down on the stock.

Dick

"B a r r y" wrote in message
. com...
Dick Snyder wrote:

To make this bevel cut (18 degrees) on my table saw I need to run a 2"
wide piece of 3/4 oak down the length of my table saw.

Set the blade slightly higher than the wood, the pushblocks can run right
over the blade.