Nicky

Freehand on a router table with a pivot point, and a feather board over the
router bit.

I first make a bevel cut on my TS using a combination of a fence/tenoning
jig to hog out as much material as possible. Makes the routing much easier.

-nick

"bf" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I'd like to make a raised panel door that has the "arch" on the top
Stile (the top horizontal piece of the door frame that holds the panel
in.

I've made the traditional rectangle raised panel doors before. However,
when running the rail/styles in the router table, I've found I need a
featherboard pushing hard on the wood to keep the panel grove cut
accurately.

So, how do you cut the arched stile? It doesn't seem like you can use
the router table fence. It seems like you just have to do it freehand
and use the bearing on the bit.

I guess you'd have the same problem cutting the raised panel as well.
So, how do you do it?