On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:30:09 -0500, Tom Watson
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:08:02 -0800, that artful codger Larry Jaques
wrote:

So should the poor boy be deverbed or denounsed?
Don't just point out the problem, supply a solution, please.

OK. I'd start with Wittgenstein but then move forward in time a bit
to Foucault (not the pendulum dude, the other dude) then go backwards
to Russell, Kant, and Descartes.

Steer betweeen the Scylla of Phenomenology and the Charybdis of
Dialectical Materialism.

Follow this line through Aquinas, thence to Aristotle, and at this
point you should be able to figure out which tool to use to deal with
your alignment problem.

OBWW: You can't make Logic without a Log.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Oh WTF! Just expose him to Korzybski and be done with it.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.