Mike Marlow

wrote in message
oups.com...

What boggles the mind is that evidently a few of the regular
participants are unhappy about that flame-free environment and
insist on posting off-topic articles with subjects guaranteed to
provoke flame wars. One supposes that results largely from two
factors. First, a profound ignorance of UseNet itself and/or an
attitude that accepted rules of nettiquette are for other people
only.

I think I'm beginning to see your original intention Fred, which was either
not clear, or I simply missed, earlier on. I now appears you were trying to
direct the conversation over to alt.politics rather than allow it to run
here. I wouldn't agree with that as a tactic, but if that's what your
intent was, then I did misinterpret it in the beginning. It appeared to me
to be what we see a lot of in usenet - trolls who cross post in order to
bring others in from different groups, for the sake of creating a major
cluster f*ck. If I misinterpreted your intent, then I apologize.

--

-Mike-