Swingman

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Flying in a helicopter defies natural laws anyway, IMO. I think they told

us
our fuel tanks were "cells" with self-sealing lining. I used to wonder

what
difference that would make with nice green tracers doing their penetrating
thing. I was glad I was never in one in such a circumstance, though, and

remain
glad today.

I preferred to sit on my flak jacket, in any type of transport, be it ground
or air, instead of wearing it ... for all the good that would do. But there
is comfort, if false security, in liittle things like that which allow your
mind to accept the risks and to keep going.

But it doesn't take firepower: prelim word is that the Sea Stallion that

went
down yesterday killing 31 Marines was screwed up by a sandstorm.

A tragic loss of life ... and contrary to what most likely think I would say
in this thread, a needless one.

I firmly believe we need to take the battle to the Islamic fundamentalist,
but we need to choose those battles wisely. I don't agree for a minute that
we have done so, but all the head-in-the-sand ignoring of the reality that
we damn well better see it to the end, regardless of the wisdom of the
initial choice, just floors me.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04