George

"Bob G." wrote in message
I wonder, though, about the tolerances. The Incra miter bars are machined
straight to pretty tight tolerance. How close to straight is the bar

stock at
Home Cheapo?

You do NOT need a perfertly straight piece ...just one that sets
firmly in the slot with no slop... I always had to take out a file and
file the bar a little here and there to get the fit the way I like
it.. not a big problem...

Well, not necessarily. What fit snugly may not even be in the groove after
the first four inches of travel. So you need a straight edge. That's the
downfall of these fore and aft adjusting aluminum jobbies. tight goes to
flop pretty quickly.