Charlie Self

Swingman notes:

Security is relative. Flying in a helicopter, with no armor, while watching
the tracer rounds pass by, and knowing that you're only seeing about 1/7th
of those little buggers, doesn't leave you with a helluva lot of regard for
the dangers of sitting atop a tank of diesel, not gas, while tooling along
on the ground.

Besides, you gotta put the tank somewhere. I'm certain that if some of the
global master thinkers/planners ranting against reality hereabouts can come
up with a better solution, they'll find someone to listen.

Flying in a helicopter defies natural laws anyway, IMO. I think they told us
our fuel tanks were "cells" with self-sealing lining. I used to wonder what
difference that would make with nice green tracers doing their penetrating
thing. I was glad I was never in one in such a circumstance, though, and remain
glad today.

But it doesn't take firepower: prelim word is that the Sea Stallion that went
down yesterday killing 31 Marines was screwed up by a sandstorm.

Charlie Self
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some
kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2,
2000