B.B.

In article ,
(ss) wrote:

Due to the nature of the beast, it cannot (by me) be removed (I don't
think - anyway I really don't want to damage the unit). The bearings
appear to be pressed in, stopping against a metal bearing retaining
ring (a kind of 15/16ths metal circle that clicks into a small
groove).

From what I've heard those I-Drive bottom brackets are put together a
lot like regular cartrige-bearing headsets. If you know what that
means, have at it--easy to pull/push/hammer apart in that case. OTOH,
if you don't, it'll be worth a few bucks to go down to a bike shop and
ask them to remove, clean, and repack the bearings. Just make sure it's
a place not staffed by dopes.
You could try posting to rec.bicycles.tech--they can tell you exactly
how to get it apart with no damage, or the best way to clean it up
without removing it. I know it won't involve water, though.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/