Don Bruder

In article ,
Jon Anderson wrote:

I've been hunting for either a 20' ISO shipping container or 24 semi
trailer for storage, and not having much luck. I've done countless
google searches, bought Big Truck & Equipment Trader, and local
classifieds rags. Called and emailed a bunch of outfits and I get NO
reply. Only one place I called actually answered the phone and wanted
$800 to deliver one out of Oakland, for a total of somewhat over $2500.
I just might go with that, but thought I'd ask if anyone has, or knows
someone that has either of these items for sale. I'm in Grass Valley and
the closer the better, but I figure Sac to Marysville/Yuba City is more
likely.
Leaning more toward the trailer as they generally sell significantly
cheaper than the ISO boxes and would make our next move a lot easier.

Cash in hand, looking for a seller....

Thanks,

Jon

Try "Surplus City" on Highway 70 in Oroville. They sell/rent containers
and trailers - and damn near anything else you might name - and their
prices are at least in the realm of reasonable. (dunno about what
tailers/containers will run, but I'd expect the price to be reasonable
based on what my buys have cost)

To get there from GV, head for Marysville. Assuming you come across the
way I did when I made my one visit to GV, once you hit Marysville, turn
right onto 70 and head north on it for about 20 minutes. Overall, about
a 40-60 minute drive one way, depending on traffic. You'll see the place
on the left just outside the Oroville city limits - You can't miss it -
It's the only place in town I know about that has a Pershing missile (or
so I've been told by someone who ought to know A WHOLE LOT more about
the topic than I do) parked out front. To get into it from 70, you have
to sail on by to Pacific Heights Road, right at the big "Welcome to
Oroville" sign, hang a left, then backtrack down Pacific Heights about
half a mile or so.

Nope, I don't work for 'em. Just wander through and occasionally pick up
some sort of "interesting gadget" from 'em. Last time, it was a gizmo
that looked like it might have had something to do with boat or airplane
steering - Don't really know, since any markings it might have once had
on it were gone, but it had a nice little precision gear-train in it
that worked wonderfully for a project of mine.

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.