Andy Hall

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:34:33 +0000, "."
wrote:

In article , Peter Ramm
writes
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:58:51 GMT, raden wrote:

For anyone interested, I shall be using this email address from now on.

I'm sure spammers' address harvesters will be ;-)

Having been looking at this for a while... it seems that most harvesters
only pick up the domain address so in my case lots of stuff arrives
@chapelhouse, I set a simple filter that bounces anything without an
addressee, this reduces the spam to the odd few which are not a problem.
Demon are filtering spam now anyway which has cut it down even further

It's better to silently drop messages to users in your domain who are
not addressees rather than bouncing them. If you bounce them, the
spammer knows that he has a live domain and will then just try common
names at that domain.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl