T i m

On 27 Jan 2005 03:15:31 -0800, wrote:

It's still cheaper than even the most basic Sky package and far cheaper
than any Sky package with a reasonable amount of content comparable to
waht you get from the BBC.

You are probably right, as long as you watch that much of any of it?

The sort of stuff *I* would schedule to watch just doesn't seem to be
broadcast by the BBC very often (or at all?).

Like. I used to like Top Gear .. I still watch it but I'm less into
this 'lifestyle' thing and more into engineering. Driven or other
similar progs actually seem better as they have a greater scope.

Things like 'Countryfile' can be mildly interesting but at the end of
the year it (and same with many other progs) just seems to be repeats
of the years 'best bits' .. (lazy programming or what)?

Buzzcocks is ok and as I'm sitting here I can't think of much else I
would rush home for? I have no interest in football, tennis, golf or
athletics and think the 'soaps' are just un-entertaining?

So what would I like to see .. probably stuff that I might (not really
looked) get for free via the free (non BBC) chans provided by NTL or
Freeview? More varied SiFi stuff, science and technology, motor sports
(not F1, Rally, / Rallycross, Go-Cart, Powerboats, Dakkar, Off Road,
Hill Climb, Motorcross, extreme stuff like Monster truck or Jet boat
etc etc) news / weather and something that seems very thin on the
ground these days, real comedy (not this feeble American / 'Soft'
stuff that's everywhere .. canned laughter n all ..). Even
environmental stuff has got to be of more use / interest than being
told net curtians to be 'terrible' in yet another makeover show? ;-(

I'm not saying this is good for everyone, just *I* can only watch so
many deer getting chased and killed by 'big cats' .. good / clever
photography or otherwise .. sigh

All the best ..

T i m